I have been blogging for ONE WHOLE YEAR on Friday………it has snuck up on me a little bit, so I will offer a very special “prize package” for a fantastic drawing next week. I will post a photo on Monday of the goodies you can try to win. Check back with me, leave a comment, and one lucky winner (or maybe I can do two!) will get a fantastic prize package for supporting me this year on my blogging adventure. I am still very shocked that it has been a year — thanks for surfing my way!
Club Project #2
We made these Ghirardelli Chocolate Holders with the Scallop Envelope Die from Sizzix. We cut out 2 of them using the Big Shot. I found the directions on Patti’s blog at www.creationsbypatti.blogspot.com. She has a great photo of the box construction.
Here are our directions from last night:
Supplies: 2 Scallop Envelopes (Big Shot)
1 Strip DSP cut 8 ½” x 3/4”
6-7” of ribbon
Small Oval Punch
- Cut off the bottom of the envelope so that the bottom flap measures ¾”. You need to line up the crease with ¾” on your paper cutter and then cut.
- Punch ovals in both envelopes right below the scalloped edge.
- Adhere Sticky Strip to all 3 edges on ONE of the envelopes. You must make sure the sticky strip is all the way to the edge (not in the middle of the flap).
- Attach one envelope to the other by slightly overlapping where the Sticky Strip was placed.
- Turn it over and adhere DSP band on one end. Do not attach it all the way so you have some “slack” and it will bend along the folds.
- Bend along the creases and then attach the DSP at the other end.
- Attach the two envelopes together where your sticky strip was placed.
- Attach bottom flaps where sticky strip was placed.
- Embellish as desired – I used the “Yummy” Sale-A-Bration set.