Susan Gardner is one of my club gals…….and I will actually see her TONIGHT! I’ll have your goodies packaged up and ready to go home with you!!! She won the “Enjoy Every Moment” embellished journal, 10 hand stamped cards/envelopes, Apple Cider DSP (Retired), Print Patterns III Paper Pack, and 3 hand stamped goodies from me. I hope she loves it all as much as I think she will!
Here is the “Christmas” version of yesterday’s card. I keep wanting to call this design a “window card” because of the “window” created by the paper folding. But I don’t want it confused with our window sheets and the “clear” looking windows. So, not sure about a title. I used the snowmen from the Hostess Set The More the Merrier. I inked it up with Black StazOn and then punched out only 2 of the 5 little snowmen. I colored some of their accessories with Real Red, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie Markers. After I was finished, I realized that they would have looked really snazzy with some glitter on them! I’ll have to go back and add it, but for now………here’s the photographed card as is.
1. Start with a 4×4 piece of DSP.
2. Line it up in the corner of your grid paper. (see photo)
3. Use a ruler and a bone folder to score from the 2″ mark on the side across to the 2″ mark on the bottom.
4. Rotate your DSP a quarter turn and do it all over.
5. Repeat until you have all four sides scored.
6. Fold each corner in on the score lines you just made.
7. Fold each corner piece backward and allow the point to hang over the edge of your square just a little bit.
8. Stamp images as desired and punch using a 1″ square punch or trim with a paper trimmer. (Stampin’ Up! does not currently sell a 1″ square punch.)
9. Mat your stamped image with a 1 1/4″ sqaure punch. (We do sell this one!)
10. Complete card as show above. 🙂
That’s all for today………club class tonight, and I need to put the finishing touches on the house! One more thing…….I saw “Love Happens” yesterday with my older girlies and some neighbors. (The little one saw “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”.) I really liked it — it was very meaningful. Seriously…..it is not just a chick flicky romance. It really has some deeper meaning………well, not so deep for my little pea brain, but you know what I mean. I loved the little bit of romance, too! But it was much more than a romance………didn’t really know that going into it, but I am glad I saw it! Just wanted to give you a little movie review since I rarely go to the movies!